The Flying Fifteen fleet is renowned for sharing information to help each other.
Tuning Your Boat
Every one of the top sailors will gladly talk about tuning and technique, as will the main sailmakers and boat builders.
Two UK sailmakers who compete in Fifteens with great success have tuning guides on their web sites, and these guides include detailed measurements for mast rake, position, tension etc. Remember these guides are designed for UK boats most of which have their shroud plates through the gunwhales. Many Australian boats have the shroud plate further inboard, this will have a small effect on the spreader length, etc..
A former BIFFA President – David McKee also had some tuning notes published and these may be accessed via the BIFFA web site.
Suggested sites are:
Boat Builders In Australia
Currently there is 1 boat builders who has a Flying Fifteen Mould. Contact details are:
- SailPower, Perth, WA tel 08 9386 3094
Sailmakers in Australia
There are many sailmakers who produce sails for Flying Fifteens, the most commonly used are:
- Cassidy Sails, Churchlands, WA, 08 9383 7048
- Extreme Sailmakers, WA 08 9430 7685
- AUS Sails, Sandringham, Victoria tel 03 9597 0857
- Goodall Sails, Bendigo, Victoria, tel 03 5443 6910
- Horizon Sails, Sandringham, Victoria tel 03 9598 4666
- Unique Sails, Paynesville, Victoria tel 0411 743 602